As a music publisher, administrator, or an ex-U.S. collective management organization (CMOs) you will need to become a Member of The MLC in order to register the musical works you control with The MLC, to review and update the data for those works, and to collect mechanical royalties for those works.
Preparing for Membership
The links below provide information on the steps you can take to learn more about The MLC.
The MLC is pleased to announce that we have launched our new "self-service" sign-up process for The MLC Portal. This means you can now start the sign-up process simply by clicking the Connect to Collect Button below. Completing the membership sign-up process is the all-important first step you'll need to take to ensure you are in position to begin receiving digital audio mechanical royalties from The MLC when we start distributing them later this Spring.
Once you complete the sign-up process and have created your Member Profile in The MLC Portal, you'll be able to:
- Review detailed information regarding your existing works registrations;
- Edit those existing works registrations to make sure your data is as accurate as possible;
- Create and submit new registrations for musical works not yet registered with The MLC;
- Manage and update your contact information, banking instructions, and tax forms; and
- Invite other users from your organizations to set-up their own user accounts under your MLC Member profile.
Should you have any questions as you complete the sign-up process, please don't hesitate to contact The MLC Support Team here or by phone (615-488-3653).